One of the key elements to delivering for clients is understanding that the client has an idea.
They may or may not have a full vision. Coaching the client through this process is why they hire you. If you’re a professional sports fan, it’s like being a GM and making a decision about the on-field manager or coach staffing.
You visualize concepts. Then, you add the pieces to fill in the positions. To get started, here’s a quick Tailor-Made Media Top 10:
- Are there any third party systems or internal databases that will be required to integrate with the website
- Are there any sites that serve as inspiration or likes the design of?
- Will the client provide us with select personnel that will serve on focus groups and or user testers?
- Are you open to Google Analytics for reporting?
- How many articles per month do want?
- How does the client anticipate driving traffic to the site?
- Should this site integrate with any other sites, and if so, what CMS are you currently using for that?
- What versions of common browsers does the site need to support and does it need to be functional or fully optimized for older browsers?
- What are the minimum mobile requirements in consideration from a browser and platform standpoint (iOS, Android, Windows), browser versions etc.?
- Does this scope of work include naming and branding the site? If so, please specify the deliverables needed, i.e. name, logo, boilerplate, and other branding applications.
With just that bit of information, you can get a read on which pitch to start crafting.
Get Tailor-Made Media’s MARQUEE on your device.